Building a sustainable luxury home includes the use of open spaces for better flow and a reduction in the use of certain building materials. It also includes the use of exotic sustainable materials such as bamboo, the addition of solar panels and positioning the home where it can receive the greatest exposure to natural sunlight. Designing a sustainable luxury home must be done by an architect who understands the benefits of building “Green.”
The Benefits of Building Green
- Homes are more energy efficient, saving energy and reducing utility cost.
- Better indoor air quality makes homes more comfortable to live in.
- Environmentally friendly design and construction practices ensure your home makes less impact on the environment.
- Homes are constructed to last longer using the latest construction techniques.
- The ability to upgrade to the latest water saving devices helps reduce water usage in your home.
Sifly: Building Energy Efficient Homes for 20 Years.
Jay Sifly has been building energy efficient homes in and around Charleston for more than 20 years. There is no conflict of interest between his dedication to building unique high end residences and energy efficient homes; to Jay Sifly, they are one in the same.